The Customer's Voice
Keeping your customers in front of you
Nominated Telstra Women's Business Awards 2012
Glennys’ passion for people and problem solving lead her to complete a psychology degree, and spend over 20 years researching consumer behaviour across Australia.
Having sat on both sides of the client/consultant fence Glennys understands the real meaning of the words - timely, actionable insights that answer the question - 'but what does all this information really mean?'
Glennys has undertaken thousands of indepth interviews and hundreds of focus groups with an extremely broad range of people including: multi-drug users; sexual assault victims; domestic violence perpetrators; indigenous elders ; multicultural groups; celebrities ; CEO’s; the general public and hardest of all…. teenagers.
For over 10 years she has managed her own consumer behaviour consultancy, researching new products, marketing and advertising strategies for an extensive range of blue chip clients. Glennys was responsible for the initial research behind a large number of things we take for granted today, for example:
* Mitchell Freeway Northern Rail Line (Perth);
* Television News formats and presenters;
* Taking beer out of cans and into long neck glass bottles;
* Free food available on bar counters (Respect Yoursef campaign);
* Rally Australia;
* TAB Mystery Bet;
* Mobile Phone services;
* Speed Catches Up With You (Drug use campaigns);
* Radio Audience song voting systems.
Along with social issues such as:
* What makes people stay in abusive relationships?
* Measuring alcohol related behaviour in Fremantle during the Americas Cup
* Would people buy better quality meat if stem cells were involved?
* What would make people conserve water?
* Measuring incidence of affairs/sexual behaviours when AIDs first appeared;
* Safe Sex campaigns.
As a boutique consultancy The Customers' Voice employs a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving combining techniques from: psychology, market research, art therapy and neuro-linguistics. As such we prefer to offer a high level of service to a limited number of clients rather than spread thinly across a large bank of clients.
Glennys is a full member of the Australian Social and Market Research Society (ASMRA) and was amongst the first group of members to obtain QPMR status (similar to CPA for accountants). In recognition of her experience during the 90’s she held the position of Acting Chairman (WA), choosing not to take on the full Chairmans role due to work commitments.
Consulting to blue chip clients and government departments has given Glennys a wealth of experiences and stories to tell (at least those she can tell without breaching confidentiality).
Although she undertakes quantitative research, and global online surveys, she now specializes in qualitative research and social issues.